All Because Two People Fell In Love.......

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Wedding Preparations

This post is basically about the decorations and colors. I decided on Fucshia and Royal Blue with Pink Gerbera Daisies as my main flower! At the wedding the bouquets, colors, and decorations were absolutely beautiful!!! They turned out better than I had imagined! From the beginning stages of planning, I wanted to mainly do everything myself, not only for the control but I have a degree in marketing so I consider myself somewhat creative! I designed and created our wedding invitations as well as our programs. I was very pleased with how they turned out when I got them from the printer!


Why May 7th? Irene, Matt's grandma, celebrated her birthday on this day and in honor of her we decided to have it then also because it is the only date he could ever remember so hopefully our anniversary will never be forgotten! We were planning to have the wedding in Cabool where she lived but last September she passed away at 93. She loved Matt so much, always calling him her baby boy. It was a hard time and Matt said that he believes when God closes a door, he opens a window. He meant that she could leave because he had me now. I thought that was such a sweet thing he said! Since she passed away, we decided to have it at Whitestone Wedding Chapel in Marshfield.



Only two months after September, Matt's good friend and groomsman, Trevor Waugh was killed in a car wreck! I felt so bad for Matt and Trevor's family, no one could believe it and the fact that he was at our house a week before it happened. We decided not to replace him, and make sure a space was saved for him in all aspects of the wedding. In honor of him and Irene, we had pictures, memory candles lit by Matt in the Ceremony and the reading below:


If you look around the room, you may notice two important people missing today: Irene Maness, grandmother of the groom, friend and groomsman Trevor Waugh. Within two months of each other the lord called them home and though they are not present, they are here in spirit. In honor of their memory, candles will be lit as a reminder of the positive impact they had on our lives.

There is always a face before us,
A voice we would love to hear,
A smile we will always remember,
Of Irene and Trevor, we loved so dear.
Deep in our heart lies a picture,
More precious than silver or gold,
It's a picture of them both,
Whose memory will never grow old.






No comments:

Post a Comment