All Because Two People Fell In Love.......

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

2 Months Down...PTL


 Andi is smiling more socially!!! It is sooo adorable. She smiles the most right after she wakes up. She loves playtime on her mat. We have hung a musical mirror and she will stare, coo, and smile at her self for well over an hour. It keeps her quite content. She really likes it!!! She has been such a great sleeper this past month!! We finally have a nightly routine down, and it has had good results!! I usually feed her around 9, change her, and then swaddle her. I then sing her 4 different songs. Brahms, You Are My Sunshine, Stay Awake, and Baby Mine. Usually by the end of Baby Mine, she is asleep. I put her in her bassinet around 10 and she has been sleeping until 4:30-5ish. Then she gets changed, fed, and will sleep until 7:30-8ish!!! Hallelujah!!! At the end of this month, we will be moving her to her crib. Hopefully she will adapt to it well.


This past month has been crazy! Andi has only been in public twice...both times were to the pediatrician. My main reason for not taking her out anywhere else is due to the bad flu bug. I do not want a sick baby. Matt has never been sick since we have been together, in fact he hasn't been sick since high school. About two weeks ago he came down with the flu. We got him on Tamiflu quickly and to keep me from getting it, I had to take it too. During this time Andi stayed with both sets of grandparents for 4 days so we could get the germs out of the house. I have never done so much sanitizing and washing clothes before. It literally sounded like Matt was going to hack up a lung. To make things worse, he said he had to go to work in Kansas and would not stay home. Of course it was one of the coldest days we have had. I think it was 8 degrees that day and he was out ALL DAY in it. Thankfully his cold didn't turn into pneumonia but we are pretty sure it turned into bronchitis. He came down with an ear infection as well.

Thankfully I never got sick, however I had to dump my milk for 10 days. By being on tamiflu, my milk decreased quite a bit. Andi made a big dent in what I had frozen. When I started breastfeeding, my goal was to make it a year. After she was born, and the latch on issues/45 minutes to nurse, my goal was to make it to 6 months. Now I don't think I am going to make it that long. In the beginning I was producing over 42 oz a day and it has dwindled down to 7oz/day. A lot of it is my fault because I didn't pump every two hours like they say to keep your supply going. However, I am not a robot. Four times a day was getting old. Everytime I turned around it was time to pump again. I then cut it down to 3x and now I am pumping twice a day. The lactation consultant told me that my milk would eventually run out because it isn't the same as nursing. If I were going to be a stay-at-home mom, I would have nursed. But with my work schedule and varied hours, it would be too difficult. So probably within a month, my milk will probably be dried up. Andi has done so well, and I really contribute it to the breast milk.

Onto formula, I am not a fan. I have been putting rice in her formula which sustains her longer. I have now switched to oatmeal cereal since rice seems to be constipating her. She hasn't had a bowel in 3 days which the pediatrician says is normal since she is changing over, but it has me worried. Andi is still her self, but to go from 3-4 bm's a day to zero, is a little alarming. Formula makes her toots and burps smell horrible and when she had her bm it smelled retched. I definitely prefer breast milk by far!!!

We have had a lot of issues with our insurance and hospital bills, now that they are rolling in. Before I had her I called my insurance to get everything lined out and to make sure I understood everything. I was told that when she was born she would be covered and then I had 31 days to enroll her officially if I wanted her on my insurance. I told them she would be put on my husbands. Well we got her bill over 31 days later which is close to $3000 and since I didn't put her on mine, we are responsible for payment. This is BS!!!!  It's times like these, I sometimes would like to be through the state. Oh well, lesson learned!!!

Starting Monday, I go back to work full-time. I'm not looking forward to it. I'm coming back at a busy time, pre-selling for gift. I hate calling customers, with a passion!! Anyway, I have gotten our routine down in the morning and things are going smoothly. Andi is such a good baby, I am very thankful!!! She is very easy going. She just gets upset when her diaper is wet, when she is hungry, and if she is being held too much. She is going to be very independent, which can be good and bad!


I have finally gotten enough rest and motivation to start exercising again. I'm 5 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight thanks to breastfeeding, but I need to lose another 20 to feel better about myself. My body just doesn't look the same after having a baby. The first step to my make-over is getting  a good foot of my hair chopped off and a new style. It is the longest it has ever been! It is down to my butt now and it tangles sooooo bad. I have started getting rat nest tangles again, the same as I did when I was 5. I have to wear it in a bun 24/7 to keep it out of reach from Andi and from tangling. I . This will give me incentive to lose weight. I just need to stick with it. Since my pageant days, I just don't have the motivation to work out simply because I burnt myself out and I am inpatient. I would workout for 2 hours a day/ 6 or 7 days a week. It definitely payed off...I was the smallest I have ever been due to eating only 500-800 calories a day and in the best shape of my life. I used to be a lot harder on myself and stricter about what I ate. Now I just don't have the drive or time...so I need to go slow and eat right...not starve:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment