All Because Two People Fell In Love.......

Monday, March 19, 2012

Prayers and a Birthday

What we thought was going to be a relaxing, stress free weekend, turned the opposite. My birthday was yesterday(27) and we had a family celebration. I finally got to see my BFF, Jenna and her mom!!! We live about 2 hours away and mine and her work schedule aren't very cooperative when trying to make plans. Seeing each other was long overdue!! It was great but Matt and I had a lot on our minds due to the night before.

Saturday at midnight I was at the hospital getting my husband. No, he wasn't hurt thank GOD but one of his friend's is. Matt went to a small get together Saturday night while I was at work, to shoot some skeet. When I was headed home he told me they were going to start a brush pile fire and have a bonfire and he would be home around 11. No big deal, I had been wanting to watch Grease, so I stayed up for him. Well my movie ended and I thought it was weird I hadn't heard from him. I tried his phone but he didn't answer and then a weird number calls me. I didn't answer and it called again. His mom then called as well as the other number and that's when I heard sirens!!! The worst possible feeling/thoughts came over me. I answered the strange number and Matt says, I am ok but we are headed to the hospital with Les Hartman.

Les is going through a hard time right now and for some reason he decided to run through a 20yd brush pile on fire falling down twice. The 2nd time being in a hole. God had to be with him to get him up the second time because a normal person would not have made it out alive. Apparently when he got up the 2nd time his arms were on fire. Matt said that everyone was in a state of shock because they had no warning that he was going to do it and couldn't believe what they were watching happen. 

Needless to go into how his arms looked, he has 3rd degree burns and his face is 1-2 degree. He has been in surgery the past couple of days and it will be a long recovery. He has a wonderful family and he is great guy too, so please have him in your prayers. After being upset with Matt, mainly because I thought something had happened to him, I am glad he was there to help Les. I am thankful that Les was able to get up and get out because that would have been a scene that would have haunted my husband for the rest of his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment