All Because Two People Fell In Love.......

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Memoir to Lucy

The day after my birthday my friend passed away, Luxurious Lady Lucy. She had been with me through some rough times and I really miss her. 


 Over these past couple of years her health deteriorated fast. When I married Matt, I left her with my parents because I knew it would be best for her. She was on steroids and had to have shots. She developed congestive heart failure as well. I knew when I first got her that yorkies are known for health problems, I thought that she would have lived longer than 8 years though.

I remember when we first got her she was soooo tiny, fit into the palm of my hand. The lady we bought her from kept her in a cage and she was the last of the litter. She was soooo excited to get chosen, she ran and ran around the livingroom buzzing. I was nervous because I thought she was always going to be like that.
I remember she used to sleep on my chest, my heartbeat would help her fall asleep. 

One day when I was at college my parents called in panic because they couldn't find her. My bedroom was upstairs and there wasn't anyway she could climb the stairs because they were way to steep and big for her. Apparently though she was up in my room, I guess looking for me or our cat took her up there...we still don't know how she would have climbed those stairs.
When I would play my guitar and write songs she was always by my side. When she would get excited she would shuffle her feet and snort...lol. She loved pork rinds and fried chicken.
I wish I would have paid more attention to her these past couple of years. When Matt and I got Sammy and JuJu, I could tell it hurt her feelings and I am sure she felt replaced. Whenever we would bring them over she would hyperventilate from the stress, usually Sammy would make her upset cause he is a GOOBER!!! 

She was my best friend and she helped me through some heartaches, especially the transition from teen to adult. Even when she could barely walk she would hobble over to see me when I visited my parents. I miss her GREATLY and we buried her under the oak tree on my parents farm where all of our other animals are buried. 

Rest in Peace Lucy, you are missed, but I am glad you are no longer in pain:)

No comments:

Post a Comment