All Because Two People Fell In Love.......

Monday, August 20, 2012

Nesting

We pretty much have everything ready to go, and I am only 6 months...lol. The nursery needs a few more things done before it is complete but for the most part it is done. I have been doing a lot of nesting lately. I have taken Andi's clothes out of the armoire and hung them, leaving only the onezies and sleepers folded. It is like I can't stay out of her room...lol. As for Matt, he is in MAJOR bow hunting mode, gearing up for turkey and deer season next month. I don't know how many times we have watched the same hunts over and over and over. Needless to say, nesting has come at a good time:-)

We got the crib Saturday and assembled it! That was a lot of fun to watch!!! Matt and Barbara got to do all the work while I babysat the dogs.
We didn't get either one of the cribs that I had picked out. I took Matt to Babies R Us and had him look at them and choose which one he liked best. He actually ended up choosing a more expensive one, which shocked me but at least it changes into a full bed. We got a crib that has the changing table attached. The changing table converts into a night stand.

There were A LOT of pieces and the instructions said to use the allen wrench provided. From the reviews I read, people said it took about 2 hrs to assemble.
Matt decided he was going to use his dandy screw gun and it was assembled in 45 minutes!!!
As you can see, the dogs had to be apart of it all. Everywhere I went, they were by me. Unfortunately we kept getting in the way so we were shut out of the room...lol
Once the crib was done, we came back in and JuJu found a new hiding spot. Poor Sam can only fit his nose underneath.
Barbara insisted on getting me in the pics so I have only posted a few. I have been looking bad lately, mainly because I am really pale and my hair hasn't been dyed in 7 months so the roots have grown out horribly!!!

It is really weird whenever we are in the nursery, JuJu has to be held. Both her and Sam have been showing odd behavior lately. I am pretty sure they can sense something is about to change! Sam has had days where he has reverted back into a puppy. He went and pooped on the floor in the nursery and chewed up my flip flip. Both things he hasn't done in over 1.5 yrs and JuJu has become a mischief maker as well. They are still getting the same amount of attention as before, I just really think they know something!!!

Barb insisted on a belly shot too, so here is 24 weeks.

The crib turned out beautiful!!! The colors in the nursery are very soothing. It seems like the most peaceful/relaxing room in the house. Once I have everything, I will post pics of the entire nursery but here is one of the crib.

At my last Dr. visit...I had gained 10lbs in a month. They said that was really sudden but since that is all I have gained so far, that is good since I am half way through the pregnancy. My next appt is Sept. 13th and it is the dreaded sugar test. They say to not fast because you are cheating the test, and yet they say don't eat because you can fail. I am going to eat something, probably an egg just not any juice.

We are pretty much ready to go since I am in MAJOR nesting mode. We have the car seat installed in Matt's truck. Matt shocked me because he installed it early...lol. If you can't tell we are ready for Andi to be here!!!!

I went and bought the diaper bag. Everything that I have registered for is gender neutral because we plan on using everything again when we have our 2nd child...hopefully a boy! As for the diaper bag, I wanted to get something that Matt would be comfortable carrying around. I knew he wouldn't go for something bright pink, so I surprised him with this!




No comments:

Post a Comment